IFDS Awards Case Study 2017: Breathing new life into the Back Office
- See how productivity has jumped, with true visibility of performance in the Back Office and deep engagement by the teams, enabled by a very collaborative approach in India as well as the UK
- Learn how a new centre of excellence has been the key to consistency and control across so many diverse & specialist teams, embedding belief through expertise, drive and passion
- Gain insight into the value of gamification and the types of improvements that are now coming from process champions in every team
A new, two-person Centre of Excellence (COE) has brought consistency and control across diverse, specialist back office teams in the UK & India. Re-invigorating the existing Active Operations Management (AOM) methodology, with Director level sponsorship, has made a palpable difference to the culture, at a grass-roots level. Visibility of performance and collaboration make possible improvements in every team, with projected savings of £720,500. Adapting standard AOM training has been vital to success, embedding this in the IFDS culture. Each person understands the true drivers of performance and AOM champions are the conduit between operational teams and the COE, driving performance and sharing best practice. Gamification is encouraging healthy competition at the leadership level, enabling a strategic shift in productivity to absorb growth without increasing costs.
Who should attend? This case study will be of interest to anyone looking at operational engagement and improvement in back office or processing operations – whether in-house or through outsourced or off-shore centres. It’s a great opportunity to see another operation from the inside and learn how culture can be changed across multiple specialist teams by providing central expertise, common methodology and visibility of performance.
- £720,500 saving projected for 2017
- Productivity rose 10% across 2,100 FTE onshore and offshore
- Operational Behaviour & Rigour scores up 58% in 2016
- 36% rise in employee scores on understanding “what excellence looks like in my team”
- £79k saved on training costs and £50k on implementation
- Advisor training gained outstanding feedback (4.75/5)
Book your site visit places
Site visits are not open to direct competitors and the hosts can refuse access to the site visit should they consider you as a competitor. If you have any concerns about this please do contact the main office on 03331235960 or email email@example.com and we can check with the host in advance of the event. Places are also limited to 2 delegates per organisation per visit.
Take a look at these articles, videos and links