Understanding the benefits of working at a strategic level. These webinars are designed to help everyone in analytical roles become a more active contributor to their organisation’s strategy, to gain a place at the top table.
There are many different forecasting techniques and analysis tools available to the modern planner. This session will introduce delegates to some of the more common ones in use today.
- Learn about pure Time Series methodologies
- Understand Standard Deviation and it can be used to improve forecasting
- See how explanatory modelling can benefit your business
Categories: Forecasting & Analysis Recording, Forecasting & Scheduling Team, HMCTS Forecasting Insight Modules
The basis of a best practice scheduling strategy is a clear understanding of the volatility of workload and the amount of flexibility to need and can afford. This module introduces you to theoretical models and calculations to understand your flexibility need. Learning outcomes include:
- What does volatility & flexibility mean and the importance of defining these for your business.
- How to calculate the volatility of demand and amount of flexibility available
- Understanding different flexibility needs based on different starting positions, e.g. annually and daily, compared to average, compared to budget
Categories: Forecasting & Analysis Recording, Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording, Forecasting & Scheduling Team
Scheduling is much more than creating shifts and therefore the success criteria for shift design is much more than schedule fit. This module will explore the key responsibilities of a scheduler and how a holistic view is required to set measures of success. Learning outcomes include:
- What does good look like? Understand the importance of scheduling and the key responsibilities, including key characteristics of good and bad schedules.
- Define your purpose. Understand how schedules support your business strategy and its importance to customer and employee satisfaction
- Schedule fit & other measures. Introduction to different ways of measuring scheduling fit and how these can be incorporated into a more holistic framework of success measures.
Categories: Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording, Forecasting & Scheduling Team