At the Forum, we respect your privacy and want to let you know what data we collect and what we do with it. You consent to the practices described in this statement when you access or share data using our online services, asking for information or advice, subscribing to our updates, participating in a discussion forum or group, entering into a contract, purchasing a product, registering for an event/programme or participating in any programmes or services, provided by us or by our partners on our behalf - whether paid for or provided at no charge as part of our role as a professional body.
Type of Information we collect
You may provide information or we may collect this, as part of your online or physical participation in any programme or service, including:
- Your name, titles, contact details, role, experience, interests, diet or special needs
- Comments, questions and posts in discussions and events Quotes, testimonials, commentary and other written, auditory or visual information.
- Transaction information (e.g. purchasing or registering a product or requesting information), including your name, billing address, and payment information.
- Demographic information and other personal information provided by you
- We may record photographic, audio or video material as part of online or physical activities
- We will collect information through your browser or online technologies, such as cookies (see below), pixel tags and other technologically enabled information.
- We will track information on activity and engagement – whether online, in programmes/services or at events
- We will also collate and aggregate information and compile this with information from other available sources
We do not collect or store in our CRM system Sensitive Personal Information such as racial or ethnic origin, political or religious affiliations, health or criminal background, unless required by law. This information may be contained within emails, posts or recordings if you have included this; we ask that you do not do this and consider carefully what information you share in this way. We may keep limited information on certain matters (such as health, access or learning needs) where this is required for delivery of particular programmes in which you are engaged.
Our website, programmes and services are not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or send requests for personal data for individuals under this age. Please notify us immediately if you are under this age or require services for colleagues under this age.
What we do with the information we collect
We may store your information along with any information you have provided during previous visits or interactions, as part of your personal profile. We may use this
- To deliver the services we provide as part of the contract we create with you, whether paid for or provided at no charge, and to enable you to use them
- To administer, improve and expand the services and content offered as part of our business relationship with you and your organisation, including to create new services and content and to modify or cancel existing services and content. This will include statistical information that does not identify you personally
- To improve and customize your experience and other users' experience online, offline and in our programmes or events.
- To contact you about other products, services or information available from The Forum and our partners or affiliates, either by The Forum or by selected third party acting on our behalf. This will be based on what we know and what you have told us about your needs and preferences. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research.
- To connect you with other professionals, practitioners and partners for networking and best practice, based on information and requests you have given us.
- To provide content for the website, published articles and best practice material, for instance from comments made in the online Forums or by using photographic material from events or recordings from webinars/events.
- You may withdraw from your association with The Forum at any time, opting out of The Forum’s mailing lists by following the unsubscribe instructions in each of the emails you receive or by contacting us using the contact details on our website.
At The Forum, we do not regularly sell, rent or lease personal information to third parties and the limited circumstances in which we do share this information are described below.
Who we disclose data to
We will not disclose your personal information outside of The Forum except in limited circumstances, such as:
- Sharing your personal information with other companies and our business partners or suppliers and associates, when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above. For instance, we may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf and will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose. Also, we may share information on participant lists for programmes/events and this will be available to other participants. They are provided in good faith and we will inform you when registering that we do this, but unless you opt out of these lists, you accept that recipients are accountable for using them responsibly, within the purpose stated and the requirements of the law.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (a) to conform to the requirements of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of The Forum, or (c) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- In the event that The Forum is sold, transferred, merged, financed, or dissolved, in whole or in part, your personal information that we may possess may be sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of the transaction or proceeding, unless you instruct us not to do so.
Security & Safeguards
We have implemented safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access and when personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. We make efforts in good faith to provide the security measures necessary to keep the integrity and confidentiality of your information safe. However, no system can be completely secure, and we do not guarantee that our security measures are impenetrable.
Reviewing and updating information
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. We will contact you by email to review and correct your personal information and subscription preferences. You accept that by sending an email you have received this information request from us (unless it is shown as bounced or undelivered). You may also update this through the website.
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that The Forum holds about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us.
How to contact us
Please contact us at email@example.com or call 0333 123 59 60. Full contact details and business address may be found at http://theforum.social/Contact-Us
This policy was last updated on Tuesday 22nd May 2018