In a nutshell
You will be responsible for supporting the short to medium term planning process, including forecasting, scheduling and intraday management, as well as help assess and support business change, budget rounds, and any other ad-hoc planning/analysis work required.
The role is pivotal to supporting the planning cycle and optimising resource against contact centre demand, supporting service and budget delivery. Working closely with the Service Delivery Lead, Resource Planning Analysts and Operational Leadership teams to establish the correct inputs into our plan and help put people in the right place at the right time.
What you need to do
- Executing the demand assessment across the business, ensuring the delivery of medium work load projections, resource gap and recruitment.
- Support with standardisation of the impact assessment process across all brands
- Build solid relationships with the key stakeholders to ensure that impacts on short term forecasts, schedules and intraday service delivery discussions are productive.
- Ensure a robust process between the forecasting, scheduling and intraday activities across the short to midterm planning cycle.
- Develop strong relationships with all marketing teams across all brands to ensure that all marketing activities are impact assessed and reviewed for future campaigns.
- Ensuring robust processes are in place for the impact assessment of any activity that could drive demand in or out of the customer management centre
- Forecasting demand accurately within the short to midterm planning process, using own judgement on historical data and trends to identify key forecast drivers
- Ensure a process is set up to review all project deliverables against the plan
- Deliver a successful handover of forecasts from medium to short term with minimal rework needed
- Experience of implementing forecast and planning models into operational reality, working with recruitment, training and operational teams to support delivery of the plan
- Advanced knowledge of the end to end resource planning methodologies
- Work autonomously to complete the day to day activities in the role, seeking advice and guidance for more complex issues.
What you need to know and show
- Proven knowledge and experience of ACD and workforce management technology (Knowledge of Verint an advantage)
- Ability to disseminate large amounts of information, shape into detailed plans and reports and present conclusions
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and interact and influence at all levels
- Self-motivated, flexible and responsive to business needs and changes in priorities and deadlines, using own Judgement and autonomy to manage workload
- Curious nature, with a drive to understand how the role impacts the wider strategy
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to create reports with high visual impact
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks, working to challenging deadline
- Committed team player
- Must have a full array of forecasting & capacity planning experience from short to long term.
- Advanced Excel knowledge essential
What decisions I can make including budget
- Decisions on short to medium term demand forecasts
- Decisions on frontline shifts and optimisation
- The ability to work outside of set parameters, drawing on various key stakeholders and resources
- Decisions on frontline headcount for internal and external supply
- Decisions in relation to process change and knowledge management
- Decisions in relation to IMT communications
Directly or indirectly manages: Indirectly manages Resource Planning Administrator
Support we will provide
Access to a range of personal development tools e.g. Bitesize talks, online self-development tools, internal mentoring etc.
Support from Line Manager and peers.
Date of last job evaluation: 07/05/2021
Hay rating: C3
Please note: This role profile is aimed at describing the core output that should be achieved in this role. It is not intended to include specific tasks, temporary activities or projects to recognise flexibility in a changing context.