We are open to this role being based in any of the above locations as remote working is involved, however, as the team will be based across both sites there will be a requirement to travel to the other location as appropriate.
In a nutshell
As an MI Manager, you will be responsible for the development and leadership of the Management Information (MI) team supporting Operational functions to deliver exceptional customer services. You will also be responsible for all data, analysis and MI reporting across Operations and reporting to the wider business on Operational Performance.
What you need to do
- Lead an MI team which supports Operations through provision of concise and informative MI, driving exceptional customer service.
- Accountable for the evolution of the Root Cause Analysis Framework, ensuring a consistent and robust approach in line with industry standards and business strategy.
- Responsible for the reduction of complaints through RCA analysis and the delivery of Service Improvement Plan.
- Responsible for driving action from RCA through engagement of the correct stakeholders and forums to successfully deliver the required improvements.
- Work with the operational leadership team to ensure MI is aligned to deliver the business and operational objectives.
- Ensure MI is produced accurately and on time and in a format suitable for making informed decisions.
- Delivery of packs in a variety of formats to senior stakeholders and relevant governance forums.
- Responsible for MI processes, ensuring they are robust, efficient and fit for purpose.
- Consistently review industry standards to deliver a best in class MI function
- Effectively manage and develop the performance, talent and future capability of MI & RCA Team
- Provide Vulnerable Customer insight that will allow the Ops team to address customer issues quickly and improve the treatment of vulnerable customers.
- Support the development and management of KPIs and a reporting framework for SBAFS Operations.
- Embed best practices in MI production focussing on automation and key controls.
What you need to know and show
- Previous MI management experience is essential
- Excellent technical skills in the usage of Excel, Access, SQL, SAS, Power Query, Power Pivot and Power BI
- Proven leader and relationship manager with the ability to build a high performing team
- Strong internal and external relationship management skills with the ability to influence and negotiate at a Senior Management and Executive level
- Strong awareness and understanding of Conduct Risk
- Excellent written communication and strong analytical skills
Colleague Conduct Rules
The individual performing this role is expected to adhere to the conduct rules as specified by our regulators (PRA and FCA).
In addition to the all-important salary, pension & bonus offering, we totally get that life outside work is important to us all. So we want to shout out some of our other great benefits…
We offer flexible working to help you achieve a good work/life balance
Opportunity to buy extra holidays is on the table
Discounts on your weekly shop, buying a laptop or sofa? We’ve got it covered through your
Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat store discount card
Cycle to work scheme and great coffee and cake!
A little about us & our culture
We’re proud of our heritage as the UK’s first supermarket bank. As digital technology drives the banking landscape we want to be at the cutting edge of this technology, offering award winning innovative digital banking products to our customers. Technology is where we see our growth therefore, we need innovators to join us and drive the next phase of our evolution.
We’re a friendly bunch who collectively share a passion to make our customers’ financial lives easier. As part of the wider Sainsbury’s Group, being one of the UK’s most trusted brands, it brings our colleagues a wealth of opportunities to fulfil their potential. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Everyone is welcome at the Sainsbury’s Group, and we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours within their working days, giving plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
If you’re interested in applying and are excited about working with us but are unsure if you have the right skills and experience – we’d still love to hear from you! We’d also be happy to discuss more flexible working options such as job shares and part time working.
As this role involves working within a regulated environment any offer will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check, fraud check and employment references.