An exciting opportunity has become available at 111 (NWAS) for an experienced Workforce Forecasting & Planning Manager with a proven track record in the contact centre industry.
Working for the 111 service, the Forecasting and Scheduling Manager will advance the development of the 111 workforce management strategy, leading a team of Forecasting & Scheduling analysts. The Forecasting and Scheduling Manager will be responsible for delivering accurate forecast plans for the NWAS 111 Contact Centres, enabling the teams to maximise resources to meet the business requirements. This will be achieved through in intimate knowledge and experience of Workforce Management Systems. Extensive experience of capacity planning is integral to the business and you will be responsible for building and modelling all resource models and scenarios.
Main duties of the job
NWAS is committed to employing compassionate, inclusive and adaptive leaders. We offer a dynamic recruitment process, enabling applicants to work together, be at their best to make a difference, in line with our trust values and leadership philosophy.
Assessment dates are TBC
North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust provides 24 hour, 365 days a year accident and emergency services to those in need of emergency medical treatment and transport.
Our highly skilled staff provide life-saving care to patients in the community and take people to hospital or a place of care if needed.We also provide non-emergency patient transport services for those patients who require non-emergency transport to and from hospital and who are unable to travel unaided because of their medical condition or clinical need.
Alongside the other emergency services, we also work to ensure the safety of the public and treatment of patients in the event of a major incident.
We also deliver the NHS 111 service in the North West. NHS 111 replaced NHS Direct in 2013. This service was introduced to make it easier for people to access local NHS healthcare services in England. It provides non-emergency medical help fast, and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Please ensure that you have fully read the job description and person specification before applying for this role.
Please note date of simulation and professional discussion will be taking place 15/12/2022 - please ensure you are available for the whole day if required.
Qualifications and Education
- Educated to post graduate level with current equivalent experience and must be willing to work towards a qualification of this level where not in place
- Evidence of relevant CPD
- Evidence of specialist training with ICT skills
Skills and Abilities
- Highly developed analytical skills to enable analyze and interpretation of a range of data to support decision making
- Highly developed planning skills to enable the use of data to amend and develop highly complex operational and resource deployment plans
- Excellent ICT skills, including database and presentation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to a range of audiences
- Report writing skills
- Forward planning skills
- Able to travel both within a designated area and nationally
Knowledge and Experience
- Significant relevant knowledge and experience of Forecasting, Planning and Scheduling through the utilisation of a recognised workforce management system, including the project management of the specification, development and introduction of a workforce management system. Significant senior management experience within the field.
- Experience of management in an operational environment, involving the management and deployment of resources
- Experience of data management and analysis to inform decision making
- Experience of using spreadsheets and databases to record and report on information
- Experience of providing remote service delivery support in the out of hours period on an on call basis
- Knowledge of the NHS environment, particularly the Urgent and Emergency Care review (Keogh, 2013)
Find out more and apply now