These webinars are hosted in association with our partners and are free for you to watch. Register for the upcoming webinars below. We will be adding dates for 2021 in the coming weeks.
You can view the past Partner webinars here.
Forecasting and scheduling accurately within a contact centre is key to a successful operation.
However, many contact centre leaders and workforce planners face challenges with their forecasting and scheduling accuracy, with these challenges ranging from hybrid working, historical data, agent engagement and the rise of digital channels.
Join Phil Anderson, Director at The Forum, he will be discussing how contact centres can address their top scheduling and forecasting challenges with Scott Budding and Neil Draycott of Business Systems.
Our webinar will cover:
- How to forecast with historical data which may be skewed
- Top tips on addressing a hybrid workforce in 2021 and beyond
- Top tips on how to address employee wellbeing and agent engagement
- How to position your contact centre with the transition to self-service and digital channels while providing an exceptional customer service
Categories: Partner Webinar
How to Leverage Workforce Planning to Build Resilience and Organizational Agility
To save lives and help people access appropriate care within 7 minutes across a 3,500 square miles area, 24/7 is no easy feat. It requires finely tuned operations that are accurately staffed and coordinated, whilst serving the community with optimal deployment of ambulances and paramedics.
Join us on Thursday 24th June for a conversation with Steve West, Director of Planning and Performance Forecasting at South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS), on the growing importance of having a robust workforce plan to deliver safe and reliable care for patients. Hear how Connected Planning has improved SCAS’s ability to plan against the realities of the pandemic, and their ability to meet key KPIs.
During this webinar, you’ll discover how your organisation can become more agile by:
- Building a planning model that links from the demand through to resource needs
- Integrating models to see direct impact of extra demand, and
- Driving and improving everyday operations with continuous planning.
Categories: Capacity Planning, Forecasting & Analysis, Partner Webinar