- Would you like to join us as a Customer Contact Specialist?
- Can you work flexibly, both alone and as part of a team?
- Are you passionate about your professional discipline and self-development?
- Can you demonstrate a track record of working with and encouraging others, a self-starter, good at learning and keen to make a difference?
As champions of best practice and professional development in customer contact, we at The Forum are widely recognised as an innovative, inclusive and independent community of professionals who stimulate collaboration, continual learning and customer focus. If you would like to be part of this dynamic team, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is dependent on experience.
Purpose: The purpose of this role is to be an integral part of our community development team. Ensuring we develop and maintain relationships with the relevant and key stakeholders within our membership base. The role holder will be expected to deliver a variety of tasks from workshop design and delivery, coaching, training delivery and public speaking as relevant to the work we are carrying out. In addition, there will be responsibility for communicating with members, attending events (both ours and our partners) and promoting our services to others. This is a key role in ensuring we deliver our annual calendar of events and ensure we hit all of our strategic and financial goals. Finally, the role holder will play a part in developing our community development plans and ensuring maximum engagement across our three professional communities. In addition to these responsibilities all specialists are required to undertake additional responsibilities to support the wider team e.g. communications work, data reporting and analysis, technical support.
Reports to: Leadership Team
Direct reports: No
Activities and Behaviours
- Account Development – Managing the relationship with a number of members and potential members, understanding their business challenges, the way The Forum can support them and the needs of individuals. Gaining an understanding of the challenges faced across the Industry in order to drive our Best Practice agenda.
- Professional Services – Working with our members on a consultancy basis to deliver change projects or provide interim resource across either planning, insight or quality.
- Training and Mentoring – Providing support to the lead trainer on courses whilst building up knowledge and skills to be able to deliver a suite of Forum courses without support.
- Community Development – Working with other professionals and members in developing specific communities. Providing support on the delivery of Challenges, Conferences and Awards events, building up knowledge and confidence in order to run these events without support. Writing articles, running networking events, taking part in webinars, developing mailing campaigns, research, etc.
- Programme Development – The Forum continues to innovate in terms of products and services. Each employee is encouraged to present ideas for new products/services and is involved in their ongoing development.
- Support the wider team and achievement of all our strategic goals - actively driving Sales revenue by creating, progressing and closing Opportunities, capturing and updating intelligence and insight on our members on our internal systems. Actively participating in conference calls and follow-up actions, support event activity (assisting with set-up and close-down of all public events, including: public and inhouse training sessions, workshops, conferences and other ad-hoc events)
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to ensure strategic goals are met, taking a rounded view of the professional communities and tracking the engagement of our members to ensure we a delivering against their expectations
- A public face of The Forum, attending industry events, presenting on national webinars and more to promote our services and sharing our knowledge
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to deal with adhoc or administrative tasks to reflect that as a small business we must do whatever supports our members and our team.
Knowledge & Understanding
- Understand The Forum ethos and purpose, goals and outcomes
- Have practical and proven experience of the customer contact industry
- Is aware of the current trends and technology within the customer contact industry
- Has experience within a Planning, Quality, Customer Experience or Insight role
- Sound understanding of The Forum programmes across all communities and the pricing and offering that sits behind this
- Experience of coaching and/or mentoring others to drive performance improvement.
- Well-developed communication skills, able to recognise preferences in others and adjust style accordingly
- Experience of public speaking
- An above average knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience of training delivery and workshop design
To Apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com