Benefit from face-to-face interaction on these one-day workshops, which include a free group mentoring call after 6-10 weeks. Often run in-house, some are scheduled as public courses, like Telling A story with Numbers.
Understand the need for everyone to realise the importance of managing your assumptions and how targets can drive behaviour
- Consider the importance of assumptions in your models
- Ensure understanding of the impact of variances through the day and between people
- Build your stakeholder engagement
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, The Data, Analytics & Insight Forum, Capacity Planning Topics
Explore effective ways of presenting data in a meaningful, interesting and engaging way. Help to make your Capacity Plans easier to understand and improve the way you inform and persuade your key stakeholders.
- Understand why your existing reports don’t excite or engage your stakeholders
- Learn the basics of data visualisation and how to communicate information
- Apply “2 key questions” and start the use the tools and resource you need
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Impactful Professional Topics
This one-day training workshop is the opportunity for you to discuss the benefits and implications of different approaches and learn about the critical factors to consider. Use this course to help you determine what approach to develop in your own operation.
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, The Data, Analytics & Insight Forum, One-day Workshops, Telling a Story with Numbers
This course gives you knowledge to support you in your role and overcome the obstacles you face, to help you create a culture of data-driven decision making.
After this course, you will understand;
- The key numbers in a capacity plan & how to explain them
- How plans & forecasts flows from strategy & budgets through the entire planning cycle
- Managing data to ensure a single version of the truth
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Workshops, ALP Capacity Planning, Forecasting & Budgets
Learn how to apply the whole planning cycle, from capacity to scheduling & real-time, with the chance to explore further your role and where it fits in.
After this course, you will;
- See how each planning stage impacts others
- Explore the importance of handoffs and the data journey
- Understand the importance of shrinkage and forecasting in maintaining an effective plan
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Workshops, ALP Best Practice in Planning
Drive decisions and continuous improvement by building effective RAG status trigger for actions, which engage the operation and improve performance. This module follows the “Using RAG models to take action”.
- Learn how to set appropriate thresholds for in-day reporting
- Understand different ways of engaging the operation
- Create a learning mechanism to drive continuous improvement
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Webinar Topics, Operational Effectiveness, Operational Effectiveness Topics
Learn about lifestyle and wellness options that help balance people with business needs and explore the volatility of your operations’ workload.
- How to analyse your flexibility requirements and opportunities
- What options are available to improve your coverage while supporting wellness & lifestyle
- How to develop a flexibility strategy that is a corporate asset
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Workshops, ALP Scheduling & Wellness
Learn how to determine the optimal approach and build an operational playbook, in order to improve your Real-Time function and tactical planning framework.
- The role of Real-Time and how to add most value as analysts
- The predictability/impact of events. How to set effective triggers and actions
- How to analyse your flexibility demands and manage shrinkage
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, Workshops, ALP Operational Readiness & Effectiveness
After this session, you will understand;
- The key drivers of performance and how to explain them
- How to set up effective data, reporting & comms plans
- Crucial elements of a good plan and their impacts, including shrinkage, models & forecasting
Categories: The Professional Planning Forum, The Data, Analytics & Insight Forum, Workshops, ALP Planning & Insight in Field & Branch Operations