Learn how capacity models fit into the planning cycle and how this helps influence budget decisions and support implementation of strategy by linking commercial plans to resourcing.
Rethinking Operations – why NOW is the time to build on your foundations
All customer operations have had to deal with significant challenges in 2020. Whilst as an industry we have responded well to the global situation, many organisations are still making do with inefficient processes, gaps in data and the disruptive consequences for people management.
This will become unsustainable as we move forward into 2021. Join this webinar to discuss and discover:
- How becoming more proactive now can help create flexibility and success in the future
- The real, key lessons from 2020 and how can we use this learning to build momentum for 2021 and beyond
- What new skills are needed to ensure operational management practices engage our employees and empower our leaders
This must attend webinar, will cover best practices across the industry - as well as what to avoid.
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording, Operational Effectiveness Recording
Explore effective ways of presenting data in a meaningful, interesting and engaging way. Improve the way you inform and persuade your key stakeholders.
- Understand why your existing reports don’t excite or engage your stakeholders
- Learn the basics of data visualisation and how to communicate information
- Apply “2 key questions” and start the use the tools and resource you need
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Forecasting & Analysis Recording, MI & Insight Recording, Impactful Professional Recording, Quality & Improvement Recording, BT-EE Webinars
This course is part of the “strategic analyst” series of webinars, designed to help everyone in analytical roles become a more active contributor to their organisation’s strategic narrative.
In this webinar we will explore:
- What is strategy
- Benefits of working at the strategic level
- Making sense of your organisational strategy
- Building capacity plans with you strategy in mind
- Influencing strategy through capacity planning
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Strategy Analyst Recording
Accuracy is important in any insight or forecast we produce but 100% accuracy is often not possible. In this module we will explore some statistical techniques to understand the accuracy and limitations of our insight and forecasts and how to communicate this with your stakeholders. In this module we will cover:
- Standard Deviation
- Margin of error
- The language of confidence
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Forecasting & Analysis Recording, MI & Insight Recording, Impactful Professional Recording, Quality & Improvement Recording, Student Loans Modules
Learn the role planning plays in implementing your strategic objectives. Understand the importance of your role and how you can help others.
- Understand how the strategic objective is implemented into a forecasting, scheduling and real-time plan.
- Learn about the importance of effective data checkpoints, change governance and hand-overs
- Play a part in driving continuous improvement and become the nerve-centre of the business
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Forecasting & Analysis Recording, Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording, Impactful Professional Recording, Operational Effectiveness Recording, Strategy Analyst Recording, BT-EE Webinars, Real-Time Service Delivery Team, HMCTS Modules, Student Loans Modules
There are two different ways to approach budget planning – but some organisations find themselves involved in a hybrid third approach. There is no right or wrong way but it is vital to understand the process and to understand if it is appropriate.
- Learn the benefits and drawbacks of each approach
- Look at how your overall business strategy should determine your budget process
- Understand if your business is led by demand or by supply
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording
Before setting targets and goals it is important that these are aligned to strategies that support your organisational goals. In this module;
- Understand your organisational goals
- See how to balance your strategies
- Learn how to align the right metrics and targets to your strategies
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Forecasting & Analysis Recording, Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording, MI & Insight Recording, Impactful Professional Recording, Operational Effectiveness Recording, Strategy Analyst Recording
Understand the positives and limitations of using Erlang C to calculate your headcount. Learning outcomes include:
- How many people do we need?
- What is Erlang trying to do?
- Limitations of Erlang C
- Using Erlang in practice
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, BT-EE Webinars
Learn how important it is to define the operating model and then agree the key assumptions to form the budget. See practical examples of budget and operating models and explore the importance of accurate forecasts and agreed assumptions.
- Understand the key assumptions to start calculating FTE requirement.
- Classic mistakes and pitfalls to avoid
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, D&G Modules
Develop your flexibility offering with deeper analysis of your supply and demand, driving a workforce strategy.
- Understand the scale of volatility
- Engage your stakeholders with advanced analysis
- Use this to drive decisions and develop a workforce strategy
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Scheduling & Wellbeing Recording
Understand the benefits of taking a more in-depth view into the volatility of your supply and demand, and flexibility requirements.
- Understand the value of further analysis.
- Learn analysis techniques to measure variance
- Translate this into a practical output for flexibility
Understand the need for everyone to realise the importance of managing your assumptions and how targets can drive behaviour
- Consider the importance of assumptions in your models
- Ensure understanding of the impact of variances through the day and between people
- Build your stakeholder engagement
Categories: Capacity Planning Recording, Capacity Planning Team
How Multi-skilling routing works & load balancing between sites or teams plus more
- IVR Vs Routing
- Operating Models
- Breaking Erlang
- Purposes of multiskilling
- Balancing conflicting view points
- New potential planning logics
Understand how to create the right measures to track and develop your Capacity Planning. Learn how to create the right process, aligned to your strategy and how to take a holistic view when setting measures of success. Learning outcomes include:
- What does good look like? Explore the key characteristics of an ideal capacity plan and key considerations to develop understanding and learning.
- Define your purpose. Understand how capacity planning can support your business strategy and impact it can have on customers and colleagues.
- Creating the right measures. Understand different perspectives and develop a holistic framework of success measures.
Learn how Capacity planning is a fundamental part of the Planning Cycle, how modelling Capacity influences budget decisions and supports the implementation of strategy by linking commercial plans to resourcing. Learning outcomes include:
- Types of Capacity. Further your understanding in the types of capacity and how they can used as powerful tools in managing expectations and driving decision.
- Assumptions. Explore the assumptions you should be including in your capacity plan, understand how to calculate variables and use them to improve utilisation of existing capacity and improve effectiveness.
- Process. Understand the key principles of Governance and Operating Rhythm.