ACCA is committed to a workplace culture which is inclusive, diverse, human and connected.
We’re currently looking for a Resource Planning Manager on a full time, permanent basis. This position sits within the Planning & Service Improvement department, based from home or in either of our London or Glasgow offices.
Working with multiple contact channels across different sites, the Resource Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring ACCA’s Customer Service function has a clear view of forecasted workload demand and service levels for different time horizons.
Reporting to the Lead Resource Planning Manager, on a day-to-day basis, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Lead in the achievement of service performance measures and manage the end-to-end service performance reporting process.
- Line management responsibility of the Resource Co-ordinators responsible for performing key resource planning activities and reporting for approximately 120 FTE within Customer Services
- Supporting and promoting excellent cross-functional relationships within Customer Service directorate and the wider organisation to ensure service performance measures are achieved by working collaboratively.
- Manage agreed projects to assist in the successful delivery of process changes leading to productivity improvements.
- Accurately forecast monthly, weekly, daily and intra-day workload volumes and average handle times
- Review and develop shift patterns that provide good work life balance and ensuring resource requirements meet forecasted contact demand
- Produce ‘what-if’ scenario models to plan for operational activities and to analyse decisions being considered making recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Monitor the skill/resource levels across area of responsibility and highlight risks to future delivery
- Develop close effective working relationships with those responsible for areas that the resource model affects, particularly outsource partners.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements initiatives with regard to planning, forecasting and resourcing processes and systems, with an emphasis on service level.
- Educated to HNC/ HND level
- Demonstrable experience of working within a resource planning function ideally in multi-site environment and of producing short- and medium-term plans (4 weeks to 6 months out) using multiple data points
- Experience of working with an outsourcer
- Experience of utilising WFM products such as NICE IEX or Verint
- Experience of IVR management and optimisation
- Demonstrable ability to build, develop and enhance ‘manual based’ resource planning and reporting functions
- Highly organised, logical and methodical approach to work with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative and work with the minimum of supervision
- A good team player able to show flexibility and adaptability in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to establish credibility quickly, both across the organisation and externally
- Advanced level use of Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel
See more detail and apply