Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Planning to join our Colleague and Customer Planning team and take our forecasting, scheduling, colleague engagement and customer service to the next level.
As Head of Planning you’ll be leading a team of up to 50 specialists managing the end to end planning for over 5000 colleagues delivering exceptional service to our customers
You’ll be working in an ever-changing environment where we are continuing to develop our workforce planning tools, processes and systems to keep delighting our customers. You’ll be accountable for forecasting and scheduling for a complex multi-skilled operations team, designing best in industry tools and processes that support scaling quickly to manage customer demand whilst providing a great work environment for our operations team
We are looking for hands on, data driven leader with excellent engagement skills; who can bring fresh thinking and ideas to inspire the team to build and deliver service excellence and industry leading planning practices
What you’ll do:
- Lead and motivate team of specialists to support Customer Operations, ensuring we have detailed plans, strategy and control to enable us to have the correct resources available to support our customers.
- Accountable for forecast accuracy, value add insight and driving continuous improvement
- Seek out and maximise best in class planning systems to efficiently manage scale planning operations
- Accountable for tools and support required for fast paced and rapidly evolving customer facing operations ensuring the delivery of industry leading customer and colleague experience across voice, retail, field and digital / social channels
- Develop strong working partnerships with our Commercial, Operational and Finance teams to ensure we have aligned and robust plans that maximise value in all our customer interactions
- Have a strong voice and direct influence into the Sky Customer Service Group Strategy & Design
- Drive Employee engagement scores ahead of channel average and available and ensure relevant PDPs for self and team
What you’ll bring:
- Have a background in complex contact centre or field management forecasting and planning with in-depth knowledge of planning cycle & disciplines
- Excellent engagement and communication skills in order to break down complex models into stakeholder language
- Proven experience of large Workforce Management systems, including optimisation to ensure most efficient use of resources
- Take a data-driven approach to problem solving and decision making
- Able to operate both strategically and tactically in a high energy fast paced environment
- Strong influencing skills, with ability to take the initiative and drive change
- Proven leadership abilities, with strong influencing and decision making skills
- Have an appreciation of Sky’s wider business and priorities
- Relentless focus on continuous improvement to drive improvement initiatives in customer experience and operational efficiency
Customer Service Group
We enable our people to offer the best service in the country by creating epic experiences. Creating communication and learning experiences to support the most important customer and colleague moments across CSG. Most of all, we are an excitable bunch of creative people with specialist skills in five key areas; planning, idea generation, creative development, experiential and events.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you’ll work:
Newcastle, Leeds, Dunfermline or Livingston
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.