Enterprise Planning: Specialist agenda for Field & Branch Operations
2019 National Planning Conference
Fast links: also see the agenda overview showing all the National Conference Sessions
08:00 Breakfast Briefing (optional) and registration from 08:15 otherwise
09:00 Opening Keynote for the National Planning Conference
Get Connected! What are the latest trends in planning and how do we harness the opportunities created by key technology drivers? How can we build effective resourcing and operating models that deliver for customers and colleagues? Be inspired by high-profile and engaging opening speakers that include Andy Gilbert, Founder of Go MAD Thinking on Making A Difference, Ian Gibson, Director of Health at Ingeus and Paul Smedley, Director at The Forum on learning from planning pioneers.
10:45 Field and Branch Workshop
There is unprecedented pressure for change in Field Operations, with a mobile workforce, and retail/branch. Join our Enterprise Planning Network for this session to understand the key drivers and to learn how successful organisations are transforming service and culture, through effective resourcing planning and insight.
- Hear how an award-winning planning team built on success in one business to be used in transforming field service across the whole enterprise
- How do we create a solution-focussed, service culture, with the creativity & capability to use digital technology that drives improvement in processes, resourcing and customer experience?
This session is the chance to hear from experienced practitioners and to interact in table groups, meeting and learning from others facing challenges in similar operations. Table groups will allow those in Field or Branch/Retail operations to focus these core challenges around the specific issues they face.
Speakers include Marie Eustace (Head of Planning at the JCI group and former Innovation Award Winner for her work at ADT Fire & Security), Michelle Gough (Head of Capacity Planning & Scheduling at Yorkshire Ambulance) and Nick Frank (chair of the Field Service Network and an experienced consultant who has worked with organisations across UK & Europe in implementing Field Service) and Adrian Hawes (Director at Select Planning and Associate Consultant with The Forum). Table hosts include experienced practitioners from different industry sectors.
1230-1400 Lunchtime: choose from one of these stimulating lunchtime sessions and take your lunch before or after.
- Make the Difference. Join this learning workshop with Andy Gilbert, this morning’s keynote speaker.
- Technology Showcase (1) how can technology in planning and resourcing can support employee engagement
- Technology Showcase (2) Approaches and technology for planning analysts that can unlock tangible benefits
- An introduction to PowerBi & data visualisation. How can this help you share insight and drive performance?
- Networking & meetings. The EXPO is open at lunchtime, a great chance to keep yourself up to date and meet key suppliers.
14:00 Capacity Planning Workshop
Take the chance to see practical examples of approaches from different organisations, from operating model, budget & operational planning to allocating resource, operational readiness & effectiveness.
- Discuss the key considerations for capacity and the impact of different approaches
- Explore what capacity means at different stages of the planning cycle, from forecasting, scheduling through to on-the-day
- Understand the data journey of shrinkage from budget to on-the-day
This workshop includes facilitated round table discussions from member organisations offering their approach. It is designed for all planners, with different table groups giving you choice about whether to dig deeper into contact centre planning, back office or field and branch operations.
15:15 Networking for field, branch and back office operations
Dedicated time to meet and share experiences with others working in similar operations. Can you find others facing similar challenges? How much do their approaches reflect the legacy they inherited or the challenges of their sector?
- Learn by sharing with others in different types of operation or sector
- Extend your professional network
- Develop new relationships and refresh existing ones
Separate table groups for field, branch and back office operations will enable focussed networking discussion, with the opportunity for meeting a wide mix of people in areas with larger numbers of delegates.
16:15 Field, Branch & Back Office Conference Roundup
- Round up the day with Adrian Hawes and our final case study presentation
- Be inspired to take back new ideas and approaches to your organisations and Make A Difference
- Informal networking and reflections from the day with The Forum and session speakers
- Cement relationships and plan how to take the learning from today into your own workplace
1700 Conference close and informal networking
Morning workshop speakers include Marie Eustace (Head of Planning at the JCI group and former Innovation Award Winner for her work at ADT Fire & Security), Nick Frank (chair of the Field Service Network and an experienced consultant who has worked with organisations across UK & Europe in implementing Field Service) and Adrian Hawes (Director at Select Planning and Associate Consultant with the Professional Planning Forum).