Forecasting and Planning Manager, Warrington
Role: Forecasting and Planning Manager
Company: United Utilities
Location: Lingley Mere, Warrington
The role will be responsible for managing the effective staffing capacity plans and schedules to support the customer service levels on short, medium and long term plans. Ensure the accurate delivery of the forecasting and resource models, continually adapting these in line with trends / customer changes / forecasts in order to deliver to the target service levels and remain on budget across the customer service operation.
- To manage and motivate a team of Planning and Forecasting Leads and Analysts.
- Forecasting budgetary headcount requirements for the financial year.
- Proactively forecast and plan for customer demand via phone, e-mail and webchat ensuring efficiency of schedules and accurate forecasts.
- Plan and forecast for back office functions including complaint and dissatisfaction work streams and outbound activity.
- Oversee with IT any contact centre specific system updates/changes. Seek out new technologies to support the Digital Strategy with a keen emphasis on driving efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Own the Headcount model and recruitment requirements.
- Use effective method for short and long-term forecasting to ensure the right staffing levels are put in place.
- Pro-actively build and maintain key relationships across the business
Promote continuous improvement to improve the SLA's, reduce costs and support programmes to add value.
- Support the senior management team with performance reviews throughout the years, tracking these against budgets and cost.
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience managing Resource Planning and Forecasting team essential.
- In-depth knowledge of resource planning methods such as Erlang C and experience of contact centre scheduling and productivity tools such as WFM - Aspect, Avaya.
- Experience and knowledge of working with contact centre forecasting and planning models with proven experience of successfully creating accurate resource plans and schedules.
- Experience of managing the resource planning and forecasting function in a multi-site, blended contact centre environment.
- Excellent communication skills with strong influencing skills and experience of working with the senior management teams.
- Enjoy finding solutions to complex problems
- Be highly numerate with strong Excel skills
- Be analytical and inquisitive by nature, able to understand and spot trends in complex data and interpret them
- Have the ability to develop a compelling narrative, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work well as part of a team, with the ability to effectively influence and manage stakeholders
- Have good organisational skills with the ability to proactively manage your own workload
- Optimising the use of resources and channels whilst supporting the operation to provide an excellent customer experience
- Excellent planning and organising skills aligned to technical knowledge of Customer Services and operational management.
- Achieving tight timescales which will require detailed organisation and the close coordination of others, both within and outside of the business.
- Make their own decisions on operational activity and work strongly with other areas of Domestic Retail to ensure that decisions taken and their impact are clearly understood
- Operate as part of the Workforce Optimisation leadership team but must be able to influence areas outside of their immediate control.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.