Intraday Manager, Warrington
Role: Intraday Manager
Company: United Utilities
Location: Lingley Mere, Warrington
The Intraday Manager will build, develop and lead a real time capability accountable for the management of on the day service levels across phone, chat and back office queues in Domestic Retail, owning the short term resource plan (<14 days) to deliver optimum customer service across all departments. Reporting into the Head of Workforce Optimisation and managing a small team of Intraday Analysts, you will do this through the following key accountabilities.
- Manage the delivery and allocation of skilled resource across the Contact Centers, to ensure that area service targets are achieved in the most cost effective way, while delivering an exceptional Customer Experience.
- Provide consistent communication between the Intraday team, Operational Team Leaders and Section Managers, so that any service issues are highlighted, recommendations made and targets achieved through sensible negotiation and prioritization across the Operation.
- Work with Operational Management to design and agree service protection strategies, ensuring buy in and commitment at all levels allowing the Intraday team to support the customer Experience at all times
- Manage on the day and short term off line requests, while still achieving Service Level targets
- To complete measurement and analysis of key data to ensure that trends are understood and proactively highlighted so as to aid decision making and drive positive change to enhance service delivery
- Effectively communicate information and data to all interested parties across the business, being able to influence decision making based on solid data and analytics
- Design and develop new ways of working with the back office area's to support best in class real time management
- Work closely with the Forecasting and Scheduling teams to fulfill responsibilities in the overall Planning and review processes
- Liaise with Operations on service delivery issues, taking corrective action to meet service level goals or to increase productivity
- Chair daily meeting with Operations Managers to review performance, forecast accuracy and sickness levels and to devise an action plan as necessary for the current day/week. Identifying the reasons for failure of any SLA and support the operational teams with OT requirements by ensuring a process is implemented and followed
- Facilitate and implement solutions with the rescheduling and optimization of exceptions, to minimize impact on the floor and to mitigate hotspots and maximize availability
- Support RTA analyst to maximize performance by coordinating TL's to react appropriately during busy periods
Knowledge and Skills
- Real Time Resource Management - Expert knowledge of contact centre resourcing fundamentals with a key focus on real time and intraday management principals. Strong contact centre industry knowledge gained from roles within complex faced paced multi-skilled & multi-site environments
- Customer Contact Channels - Understanding of load balancing and blending of contact centre resource across phone and email functions to achieve optimum performance
- Technology / Systems - An expert in Contact Centre WFM, workflow and telephony technologies
- Communication - Effective and professional communication skills. Ability to tailor complex information to the appropriate level for an audience in order to gain buy-in to proposals or concepts. Utilise strong negotiation, persuasion and motivational skills coupled with diplomacy and tact as required to facilitate change in line with service need.
- Team Work - Ability to work within a team and manage / prioritise workload effectively, managing expectations with key stakeholders. Proven team management skills, including the ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop others
- Logical / methodical approach - Analytical and logical thinker with the ability to apply creative solutions to resource constraints
- Customer Focus - Ensure that the customer journeys are understood and options are provided to the Ops Management team to continually enhance the customer experience
- Time Management - Ability to manage own time productively and to prioritise workload effectively. Aptitude to involve the internal customer as appropriate.
- Analysis - Ability to appropriately gather, integrate and interpret data then utilise arrange of analytical tools to constructively challenge and test assumptions in order to identify improvements.
- Optimising the use of resources and channels whilst supporting the operation to provide an excellent customer experience
- Providing a value for money service that demonstrates its contribution to reducing the cost to operate and increasing service quality to our customers.
- Excellent planning and organising skills aligned to technical knowledge of Customer Services and operational management.
- Achieving tight timescales which will require detailed organisation and the close coordination of others, both within and outside of the business.
- Make their own decisions on operational activity and work strongly with other areas of Domestic Retail to ensure that decisions taken and their impact are clearly understood
- Operate as part of the Workforce Optimisation leadership team but must be able to influence areas outside of their immediate control
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.