IFDS Awards Case Study 2017: Operational engagement and focus in the back office
- See how productivity has jumped, with true visibility of performance in the Back Office and deep engagement by the teams, enabled by a very collaborative approach in India as well as the UK
- Learn how a new centre of excellence has been the key to consistency and control across so many diverse & specialist teams, embedding belief through expertise, drive and passion
- Gain insight into the value of gamification and the types of improvements that are now coming from process champions in every team
IFDS Funds business offer scalable technology and outsourced investor administration for over 40 financial services brands. Agreements are tailored to the needs of each client, whilst a new central team of two has brought consistency and control across all these operations, driving value from the investment in AOM technology and methodology. Visibility of performance now drives priorities and improvements in every team and already productivity is up 10% with £720,500 savings projected by the end of 2017. Key to success has been tailoring the standard AOM training, with practical local examples to help embed within the IFDS culture, and engage back office teams; so each individual truly understands the true drivers of performance.
Gamification has helped make data meaningful, fun and relevant. It has encouraged a team spirit in each area, including our off-shore operations. Process Champions are the conduit between the operational teams and the Centre of Excellence to help drive performance and improve the use of the workforce methodology. Future plans include developments in budget forecasting, integration in additional business units and tackling the process changes that are identified as blocking teams from performing.
Who should attend? This case study will be of interest to anyone looking at operational engagement and improvement in back office or processing operations – whether in-house or through outsourced or off-shore centres. It’s a great opportunity to see another operation from the inside and learn how culture can be changed across multiple specialist teams by providing central expertise, common methodology and visibility of performance.
- £720,500 saving projected for 2017
- 10% productivity increase across 2100 FTE onshore and offshore
- 36% increase in employee engagement scores for understanding “what excellence looks like in my team”
- Outstanding advisor feedback from operations training (4.75 out of 5)
Book your site visit places
Site visits are not open to direct competitors and the hosts can refuse access to the site visit should they consider you as a competitor. If you have any concerns about this please do contact the main office on 03331235960 or email email@example.com and we can check with the host in advance of the event. Places are also limited to 2 delegates per organisation per visit.
Take a look at these articles, videos and links